Training: Writer’s Tips
1. There is no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ way to write a book or get the book to readers.
2. Writing is hard and you’re going to spend a lot of time sitting, Be sure to get some exercise.
3. Keep learning. Join writing groups. If you can afford to attend writing conferences, do so. Sign up for online workshops.
4. A good critique group is priceless – but they can be hard to find. It may take a couple of tries to get the right people for you.
5. Not everyone is going to like your writing. Learn to accept criticism gracefully.
6. Writing the book is only the beginning. Whether you’re self-published or traditionally published, you’ll be spending a lot of time promoting your work and yourself. Being a professional writer isn’t for the faint of heart…it’s a lot of work!
7. All of the above hard work is well worth it when you hear from a reader/s who loved your book.